Our company grew exponentially over the past 20 years, establishing itself as a leading and only company in South Africa that has the capability to permanently dispose of halogenated organic waste, an environmentally-friendly alternative to the conventional methods of encapsulation or exportation abroad.
A-Thermal prides itself on ensuring our clients have peace of mind with the knowledge that any waste brought into its premises will be treated to ensure it becomes non-hazardous to the environment. We take our responsibility in environmentally sustainable solutions for waste treatment seriously.
Company Milestones and Achievements
- 1996 – Dr. Christos Eleftheriades introduced the concept of pyrolysis technology to South Africa and the
company was founded.
- 2002 – A-Thermal establishes itself at their current premises in Olifantsfontein.
- 2004 – Issued with a RoD, Section 20 Permit and APPA Permit to operate our Thermal Desorption
- 2009 – ISO 14001:2004 Certified
- 2010 – Another milestone in treating over 5,000 tons of PCB Waste since our inception.
- 2010 – Issued with a Waste Management License by DEA.
- 2012 – CAIA Responsible Care Signatory.
- 2014 – Issued with an Air Emissions License.
- 2016 – Fully certified integrated management system including ISO 9001:2008 and OHSAS 18001: 2007
- 2016 – Gas Clean-Up Upgrade will ensure compliance Air Emission Standards for 2020. A-Thermal
decided to take proactive approach to compliance. The equipment was designed and manufacturing
by our team and local experts in the field.
It is our vision to be a safe, best-in-class hazardous and toxic waste thermal-destruction company, who delivers services and products of the highest quality, on time and within the agreed budget, promoting client confidence and trust.
A-Thermal’s mission is to enable our clients to dispose of their hazardous and toxic waste in a responsible and environmentally friendly manner. We achieve this by fostering strong and lasting stakeholder relationships and adding value to our clients’ businesses:
- We build partnerships with our client’s identity and pursue real business opportunities that solve business challenges.
- We develop and involve a loyal, reliable, innovative and cost-competitive partner base.
- We implement and continually upgrade the best processes, systems and tools available.
- We design, align and build an organisation of highly skilled, technically minded and business-orientated professionals.